Sunday, January 3, 2010

happy 2010!

I live alone - officially now. I am recently single and like i suspect everyone has been doing, pondering what will make 2010 different than 2009. Of course the main changes will come by themselves - new classes and new people will filter in, new inspirations for new projects will casually pop into my mind (probably while I should be doing homework), and now that I can no longer spend time with my partner in crime, new ways to pass the day will present themselves.

But what about the changes we feel compelled to make ourselves in celebration of a new year? I try to avoid the dreaded New Years Resolution but there is something about this new year and my recent situation that makes me really want to find ways to better myself.

I think it's important to not set yourself up to fail. Ideally, my resolutions would be to go to the gym, cook at home, read the paper everyday, read more books, and draw in my sketchbook at least once a day. I can't handle all of those.

So my resolution for 2010 - treat myself better.

Today that means make myself the kind of meal that I would have only made for someone else.

No comments: